The best thing about this prenatal yoga dvd is that demonstrates prenatal yoga poses for each trimester.This removes any doubt you may have on which poses you should practice in each trimester.
Instructor Shiva Rea demonstrates each of the stretches and yoga exercises for the first trimester, and two pregnant women show modifications for the second and third trimesters (they’re even dressed in different colors for easy reference).Shiva Rea and her assistants walk viewers in a 30 mnts of meditational stretches using blocks and chairs for assistance.
Then a 16 minutes of floor work is following: lunge pose, bridge pose, child’s pose, plank pose–all with the necessary adjustments and modifications. The demonstration ends up with a four-minute guided relaxation on her back with the second-trimester woman on her side and the third on her side with one leg up on a chair. By demonstrating the different modifications, Shiva Rea has create a video course with the flexibility to drive an expectant mom through her entire pregnancy–and beyond.
- In this DVD, longtime yoga instructor Shiva Rea addresses the changing needs of pregnant women with safe, effective stretches and exercises you can practice for each trimester so you reap the best results ,and avoid any injuries.
- This dvd will show you how to increase your energy and stamina, build strength,and improve flexibility and balance,safely.
- Practicing the appropriate techniques and deep breathing improves focus and concentration, which will make pregnancy and birth easier and safer.
- Performing gentle stretches to reduce fatigue, tension and tightness, while promoting relaxation and better blood circulation.
- Calming meditation and deep breathing
- Gentle workout with seated poses, standing poses and floor work
- Guided relaxation
Shiva Rea, is a long time yoga teacher.Shiva is the creator of Prana Flow Yoga, Yogadventure Retreats, Yoga Trance Dance for Life, Moving Activism for 1,008,000 Trees, the worldwide Global Mala Project, Yogini Conferences and E2: The Evolutionary Edge Tour.
Shiva Rea also writes for Yoga Journal, Yoga Plus Joyful Living, and is the author of award-winning CD’s and DVD’s.
More Shiva Rea`s DVD`s